Sunday, June 7, 2015

TRANSGENDER MODEL MAKES HISTORY IN THE BEAUTY WORLD

TRANSGENDER MODEL ANDREJA PEJIC JUST MADE HISTORY IN THE BEAUTY WORLD

A big week in the transgender community just got bigger: Days after Caitlyn Jenner's debut, model Andreja Pejić has made history in the beauty world as the first transgender female model to front a major cosmetics campaign, according to WWD. Pejić is the face of Make Up For Ever's latest Be Bold campaign, along with actress Jamie Chung. The images were unveiled in a brief video:

Pejić, who has walked top men's and women's runways for the last decade, just completed her gender reassignment surgery last year.
"It's a dream to have a cosmetics contract as my first major campaign as a female model," Pejić told the outlet. "Being bold is about freedom. It's hard for anyone to grow up and not be afraid of what others think. Makeup helps me express myself, and I've used it in varying ways throughout my life. I have strived to live life on my own terms, to never have to hide and to never have to feel shame about who I am. I can be proud of that and I'm equally proud to share that message through this Make Up For Ever campaign." The ads will start appearing July 16 in Sephora stores.
A video posted by MAKE UP FOR EVER OFFICIAL (@makeupforeverofficial) on

A photo posted by Andreja Pejic (@andrejapejic) on
From: ELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment